Friday, July 22, 2011

China‒Don't Do It!

I am officially excused from blogging about this shit, and this is why:

Blogging from China is harder than climbing Mount Everest backwards, so do not expect regular updates. Do not expect romantic tales about Heavenly Mountain Roads and Monuments To The Revolutionary Martyrs‒all of which we have here. And all of which I do not have time to visit. Instead, all of my time is spent dealing with ridiculous amounts of frustration. The daily grind. The omnipresent censorship.

I have to take a bus to get online (and then I can't, because my phone doesn't work in China). In order to blog, I have to go through a proxy that took me 3 days to set up.That is three busy days, when I didn't really have time to deal with it. I mean, how much is Facebook or Blogger worth? I'm here to teach, not to chat.

But I've learned one thing during my first week here: China will give you no breaks. And because I'm getting no breaks, I'm unable to blog‒or to write‒for the time being. Everything has a cost. This is costing me too much.

I'll give it another week. ThenI'll book my flight home.

Denni logging off. I have yet another bus to catch to get home from this useless Starbucks. Yes, Starbucks. I think I am in one place that is pretending to be something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment